CyberGhost VPN service not accessible on Firestick? (TO FIX)
The last thing you want to come across when using a VPN app on your Firestick is an error preventing you from reaching a server. So if you are currently seeing the ‘CyberGhost VPN Service Not Accessible’ error on your Firestick, we understand how frustrating it can be. Still, there is a lot you can do to resolve this situation, and we’re here to guide you in the best possible way.
That said, we have 5 troubleshooting tips for you to fix the “CyberGhost VPN Service Not Accessible” error known to occur on Firestick and Fire TV devices.
1. Check the quality of your web connection
Before doing anything else, we recommend that you check the quality of your web connection. Keep in mind that any VPN will slow down your web connection – up to a point. While there is a lot you can do to speed up a slow VPN, if your “home” web speed is limited, it could produce a number of errors with your VPN.
There are many ways to test the speed of your internet connection on Firestick devices. However, we recommend that you use the Speedtest app. Download it to your Firestick / Fire TV, run it and see if everything is working as it should. Compare your result to what you pay your ISP, and if there is a large discrepancy, contact your ISP.
2. Clear the cache and data of your Fire TV and Firestick
In many cases, the “CyberGhost VPN Service Not Accessible” error on Firestick is caused by faulty cache data on your device. That said, be aware that you can clear your Firestick’s cache as follows:
- Select the ‘Home‘ on your remote control.
- Now select ‘Settings‘then choose the’Applications‘menu.
- Then select ‘Manage installed applications. ‘
- Find ‘CyberGhost VPN‘and click’Force stop. ‘
- Take ‘Erase data‘and’Empty the cache. ‘
Once you’ve cleared your Firestick’s cache, we recommend restarting your media streaming device. To do this, go to Settings> Device> Restart. Confirm by selecting “Restart your Fire Stick” and wait a few minutes before trying CyberGhost VPN again.
3. Switch between TCP and UDP variants of OpenVPN
CyberGhost is powered by the OpenVPN protocol on Amazon’s media streaming devices. Even though this protocol is known for its stability, things can go wrong. So, to resolve the ‘CyberGhost VPN Service Not Accessible’ error on Firestick, we recommend that you switch between the different OpenVPN variants as follows:
- Launch CyberGhost VPN and wait until you reach its home screen.
- Choose the Settings icon (top right).
- Then select the ‘Use TCP‘(activate or deactivate).
- Back to CyberGhost VPN homepage.
- Try to reconnect to a server in a different country.
4. Reinstall the CyberGhost VPN app
Interestingly enough, many issues with VPN apps on Firestick / Fire TV devices are resolved by reinstalling them. With that said, you’ll want to remove CyberGhost VPN first by following these steps:
- Go to Settings on your Firestick or Fire TV.
- Move towards ‘Applications. ‘ Then choose ‘Manage installed applications. ‘
- Select ‘CyberGhost VPN‘using the list of installed applications.
- Take ‘Uninstall. ‘
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
Once you have uninstalled the CyberGhost VPN app, we recommend restarting your Firestick. Then go to the Amazon App Store and use its search feature to find the VPN app. After downloading and installing it, log in and try to access one of its servers.
5. Restart your Firestick and associated devices
And finally, we also recommend that you restart your Firestick as well as any associated devices that you might be using. That said, you’ll want to restart your Firestick by unplugging it, waiting a few minutes, and plugging it back in.
The same applies to your modem or router – restart it by unplugging its power source, wait a few minutes and plug it back in. Be aware that your modem or router may take several minutes to start up and become operational again.
If none of the previous methods helped you resolve the “CyberGhost VPN Service Not Accessible” error on Firestick, your final option is to turn to CyberGhost VPN customer support.
You’ll be happy to know that CyberGhost has a live chat feature on its website, which is the fastest way to get help – and we highly recommend that you use that option.
This would all be to resolve the ‘CyberGhost VPN Service Not Accessible’ error on Firestick. If you have any questions, be sure to post them right below. And finally, thanks for reading!